Sunday 4 December 2011

Kong Kong and Po Po

I post a lot of pictures about my grandparents for a multitude of reasons. Maybe it's the fact that for most Oriental families, much of our upbringing can be attributed to their constant care and concern over ours. 

Their job never really ends at their children, but their children's children (us). Yet, in many ways, I myself am unable to repay them for a lot of the things they've done. It was their savings that allowed me the opportunity to travel in Australia. If it wasn't for grandma, my times table would be total utter shit. If it wasn't for Grand-dad, i wouldn't have been poured on with good wisdom. 

It was grandma's birthday last week. We surprised with a proposed dinner to Shangri-La, but what went down was a nice dinner at Aunt's place. There is no better gift than family together. Even for a few hours. For a meal. Cousins from Australia presented with a call and wishes. 

Grand-uncle joined in for the fun as well. Thinking about family does bring strange warm fuzzy feelings into my heart. I strange feeling of being mellowed and stranded at the same time. Ironically, family isn't easy. 
Keeping family together takes work. Often, too much work. It's easy to offend, easy to ignore, easy to take offence. 

But, in all things, we must look beyond faults, beyond hurt and proceed to move on together. It's all a journey, a process in which unitedly becomes abundantly more worthwhile.












No comments:

Post a Comment