Friday 16 March 2012

PHONY2012

KONY 2012.
A prime example of ignorance, emotion and non-rational thinking taking over our minds and wallets. It's official (perhaps) that even the Ugandans don't get the Kony2012 campaign.

When people come together at the comfort of their seats and attempt to plot change,  you're not going to get anywhere. Especially with Africa - who are we to get involved ? Who are we to force help upon others - when no one is really shouting for help in the first place ?

you argue AWARENESS, but I argue your IGNORANCE. I find myself annoyed with the many NEWLY 'highly determined, involved and psyched up activist' formed out there. Truly phrased, Watched 30 min video, Now an Activist.

You argue it will change my mindset - to be more aware. Fuck you. You're going to the pub this weekend, you're going to order your pints, skull your drinks and get smashed. Then, you're going to try and make shitloads of money for the rest of your life. Donate to Africa ? Hmmm... we'll see.


I'm sorry this offends you ? No, I'm sorry you're an idiot.
peace.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I have no idea what you're trying to get at with this post.
    2. I don't think you know enough about Africa to say that no one was shouting for help.
    3. If the campaign convinced even 7% of people who don't usually do jack shit to do something, it's a success.
    4. Get your foot out of your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU_1jnrj5VI&feature=share

      1. I build my point of view upon the link above.

      2. I don't think anyone outside of Africa knows enough about the continent and it's pressing issues are qualified to say and do prepare to help. Unless of course, you yourself are African/Ugandan, by all means, teach us. The KONY2012 campaign goes in to Uganda thinking they know what's best.

      3. Awareness doesn't necessarily result in actually getting shit done, actual results, or even success. A step forward perhaps, but we think within the spectrum of our beliefs and perspectives that we know what's best. With that said, the way KONY2012 had its way of getting things done was an absolute shame.

      4. I will try. For your sake. and mine.
      Thanks for your views and taking the time reading this blog. Peace &love

      Delete