Friday 8 June 2012

This was your chair.


The Sun found itself spilling into the kitchen where we all gathered. The usual place where we'd all be. But this house was alien to me - somewhat of a cottage. 

I remember the glare of the sun bouncing off the grass. Birds outside. A nice breeze. 
There you sat across the table. Speaking to me. About one of your many stories. 

For that moment, I understood everything. Yet, as i stood there listening, I couldn't believe you were actually there. You lost some weight. Looked healthier. I remember your voice. Distinctively. Your face. The way you said certain things. 

I wanted to approach you. I crossed the room from where I was standing into the kitchen. As I entered through the door, my glimpse caught an empty chair. Where you initially sat on. 

I saw myself from the outside. Weeping and breaking down over that chair. To the amazement of the other guests in the house, they could not understand. 

I spent a good two minutes over that chair. Weeping, crying, frantically breaking down.
I did wake up with a tear. How powerful these dreams have become. 

My sorrow perhaps was never really channeled properly. I never really did properly say goodbye as I was away.

In all ways and words uncomprehending, thank you for visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment