Sunday 1 April 2012

My first ad


This was my very first ad. Designed by Blackodc San and highly inspired after a simple conversation with Vee Vien. The purpose of the ad was to tell students in Monash about an Entrepreneurial Forum a couple of us at the Business Club would be organising.

The idea in my POV was to be different, catch that attention and get your mind stimulated.
Being a double degree major (Marketing and Comm), I saw the concept of "the message is the medium" stringing in my head. Mixed that with Marketing theories like differentiation and knowledge that the attention span of the average person is probably less than 10 seconds, the ad/poster needed to literally stand out.

Through my father's network of strange material suppliers like the one pictured, I found an alternative to having plaster glass all over campus (reducing risk of damage and all sort of other bs). We got a material called fibre --glass ? I cannot recall, but it had the same reflective element as well as the advantage of being far lighter than glass.

There are not many things that I'm proud in life. But, as I sit back and think about this ad - although it hadn't win any sort of award - comes to me as a proud moment where I really put shit together - to what i wanted to do, to whom i know, to what i learnt, to what needed to be done in getting it executed - into an actual, tangible material.

Major props to Blackodc San who I must commend and praise for this  design and making ideas turn into something tangible.



No comments:

Post a Comment